Today we have Cynthia Stevens as a guest, I figure I have been on her blog enough times I would put her on the hot seat. Here are her answers to the questions I sent.
!. Without making this into a self-interest article, what is one of your favorite series on the market today, something that isn’t the EC or about Tantalus.
I have to say that one of my favorite is The Witch, The Wolf, and The Vampire by A.K. Michaels. Why, well it shows her writing as she just started to explore herself then you compare it to how she writes now and its amazing!!! But, then I can say this about ANY author who writes. I have such respect for the authors who are able to do write.
- What attracts you to a book?
I am sure most expect me to say the cover but that is eye candy. It is the blurb that is printed on the back or inside cover of a book.
- What holds your interest in a storyline? And what turns you off one?
The people in the book, have to come alive in my head as they live out the drama of the story.
Grammar and typos, all because I can see my high school English teacher in my head with that ruler in hand waiting to use it.
- What area of a bookstore do you shy away from, besides the kiddie section?
Actually, the kiddie area I love going to seeing young faces learning to lose themselves in a storybook. Kids just glow, but then I have a 8 yr. old and she has just as many books as I do.
As, to the area I avoid at all cost.. The religion section. Had it shoved at me from morning till night as a child.
- We all read books that are not as well written at times, yet return to read the following book in the same series (if it is a series). Why would you do that?
Why, do I return to read a book set that is not well written… simple to see if the author has grown. Its great to watch an author grow into her stories.
- Who was your first book boyfriend, do you remember? They say you always remember your first. 😉
I had 2 “first” books that I had sneaked into my house, as books was a HUGE no no.
One was a book from the 70’s super thin Harlequin book on Merlin’s daughters. I can not remember the name of the book but it opened the book world to me.
The second book was on the civil war brides and was in the 80’s. One of my mothers friends had left it behind and I read it so much it fell apart. But that could be because the Hero of the book looked just like my High School history teacher and man was he HOT HOT HOT!!!
Let’s just say I learned a lot of History that year because of that book and my thinking the History teacher was the tall, dark handsome man in the book.
- If you could live in a series, any series, for a period of time, which one would you choose and why?
Highland Burn and Highland Storm by Victoria Zak. Why well Have you seen the description on this males in her books? I just let my mind fill in the blanks and well there is a nice hot new book boyfriend.
- Do you have a favorite series where you hate some of the characters? What keeps you hooked?
I just finished a set of books by Ariana Hawkes and her Romania male wolf… I hate with a passion. He is over bearing and has no care for others feelings. Why do I keep reading him well its simple… he has some upp steamy sex scenes that are out of this world.
- What would you like to see happen with one of the series you are following?
I would love to have The Witch, The Wolf, and The Vampire come out with a new book hint hint Ava . What would they do, find a few babies along the way who need saving and who just seem to fit in the dynamics of this special group.
- To name a few, give us some of the names of your favorite authors, and why you like them.
A.K. Michaels – She writes super complex books that keep me on my toes.
M.A. Abraham – She woke me up that Sci Fi books did not have to be dry boring books!
Nora Roberts – She has this amazing ability to make her books be separate of each other but yet together.
That is just a few of my top favorites but there is so many more.
- What do you like about running the blog you write? Do you have a pet peeve when it comes to dealing with some of the people you do? No names please.
I love seeing all the new books coming out, getting to help the authors push themselves and their books. Pet peeve would be the dang spammers who will not stop trying to get away with posting ray ban sunglasses or other junk.
- Would you ever consider writing a book yourself? If so why, if not, why not?
I have written short Erotic stories a very long time ago. I am currently working on a story, which I started for Nano. The mains will not let you sleep till you have at least an outline put down.. so might as well put them on “paper” and get some sleep.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/99centsorbelowbooks/ Kindle Library