Today we have AR Von as a guest, I figure I have been on her blog enough times I would put her on the hot seat. Here are her answers to the questions I sent.
Hi M.A.! Thank you so much for having me!
- Without making this into a self-interest article, what is one of your favorite series on the market today, something that isn’t the EC or about Tantalus.
- What attracts you to a book?
Depends. Sometimes it’s the author, even if the cover sucks. Other times it’s the blurb, reviews or friends recommendations. Once in a VERY blue moon it’s the cover that grabs me, but not often. I’ve been disappointed many times when I purchased/read a book solely for its cover. Live and learn J
- What holds your interest in a storyline? And what turns you off one?
Strong characters with personality are part of what keeps me reading on most times. Even when it starts off with a character that comes off as weak, but grows to be strong. I’m completely turned off by 100% weakly portrayed characters. Those that just don’t have…oomph.
- What area of a bookstore do you shy away from, besides the kiddie section?
I had enough of it throughout the years and just can’t bring myself to read much of it any more.
- We all read books that are not as well written at times, yet return to read the following book in the same series (if it is a series). Why would you do that?
Because I have faith in the author. That’s my usual reasoning when I go for the next book even though I was sadly disappointed in the previously one J
- Who was your first book boyfriend, do you remember? They say you always remember your first. 😉
Vicious from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. He’s hot, hot and HOT! On a more serious note, he’s not only handsome, but he has depth and mystery. I’ve always found myself attracted to those aspects in a BBF.
By the way, I still drool over him lol
- If you could live in a series, any series, for a period of time, which one would you choose and why?
Most definitely Karen Marie Moning’s Fever series. I’ve read that series at least 4 times through the years and find something new each time. It’s a powerfully written series with amazing characters that I’d definitely not mind hanging out with, even though some are dangerous.
- Do you have a favorite series where you hate some of the characters? What keeps you hooked?
Yes, the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. It’s the brother’s that keep me going strong. If it wasn’t for them, I don’t believe I would have made it through the first book!
- What would you like to see happen with one of the series you are following?
- To name a few, give us some of the names of your favorite authors, and why you like them.
I have too many to name them all. So I’m going to give you my top 4 (and man was this hard to do!)
Stephen King, well because he’s THE MAN! Plus I’m also big on horror, thrillers and all of those delightful frightfuls 😉
George R.R. Martin, well because he’s also THE MAN! But in his case, it’s not frights, but his imagination and writing that grab me and pull me in.
Karen Marie Moning, well because she’s THE WOMAN! Lol
Her Fever series and her Highlanders are just all…AMAZING and ADDICTIVE!
Patricia Briggs because she writes (to me) like no other. She keeps things tempting and tantalizing without making things boring AND leaving the reader wanting more.
- What do you like about running the blog you write? Do you have a pet peeve when it comes to dealing with some of the people you do? No names please.
- Would you ever consider writing a book yourself? If so why, if not, why not?
I’ve written quite a few actually. They are each very different from the last and in different genres in some cases. I enjoy sharing pieces of my imagination with others while, at the same time emptying my mind of some of its constant clutter. Plus, it’s fun! If you meet Wunder & Pete, you’ll see a part of why 😉
Thank you so much for having me as a guest. This was fun and I’m so comfy here. Actually, I think I’ll just plop down right here and stay a bit longer. That’s if you don’t mind lol
Be my guest, plumping up big fat fluffy pillow and tossing it over, I will even loan you a kitten to cuddle… 😉
9 thoughts on “Turnabout Tuesday… My Chat with AR Von”
Hi MA! Hi Ava! *plopping down on a pillow and grabbing Tath for a cuddle* I love Pete! OK OK and Wunder too 😛 You really do like your horror stuff, as you know I don’t touch that stuff. I did read the BDB series, awesome.
I have a new novella you might enjoy (no gore and crazies) Jailhouse Rock. It’s a sweet contemporary romance 😉
I know, I shared it on my FB and Twitter too 😉
*grabs pillow & gives kitty some snuggles*
Thank you so much for having me M.A.!
Now I know why I love you your a woman after my own heart when it comes to genres or authors.
Now I know why I love you your a woman after my own heart when it comes to genres and authors lol.
LOL!! Awesome Tannie!!!
I love the fact that there’s so much out there. I’d get bored if there was less to choose from. At least I think I would…
This is really something I enjoy. Thanks for coming AR. I love Wunder and Pete. I agree with you on Vicious of all the Brothers I love him best
I’m so happy to be here! Thank YOU for reading 🙂