I should have had my first message up weeks ago for this year, but haven’t been feeling up to parr. The only ones happy about this situation are the bratz, who have taken the opportunity to weigh me down. To be on the fair side, I have tried to do some things. Granted, my house is a mess, but I have help keeping it that way.
1. I don’t do much housework when I am writing.
2. I couldn’t use the water system for a couple of days. That alone nearly killed me.
3. I am still taking meds to control the vertigo problem that has plagued me since the beginning of September.
On the other hand, I do have news to pass on.
1. I have reached past the 30% mark on a book that I shouldn’t be working on because it won’t release until about 2021. Oh well, less work later I guess. The characters were actually griping enough that I put part of their story down on paper and then told them to shut up… they are still grumbling, but not as loudly.
2. I have been working on Equals, which will be released in either 2019 or 2020. It will take me some time to do, but I should have it ready to pass on into editing by mid spring. No, I am not in a hurry.
3. I am nearly finished writing the novella, ‘Spirit of the Light’. I had thought to release it in 2019, but it will probably be coming out close to Christmas this year. I would say I need to get out of the Elven worlds, but at this time, I don’t think that is a good idea because I need to get busy on ‘The Princess’. I started on chapter 2 this week, but like all times in my life when something is about to happen, I am procrastinating.
4. Sarah is finished with edits, which means ‘The Phoenixes Choice’ is now in proofreading as it gets ready to be formatted.
What is about to happen, you ask? Well….. I am releasing my first audiobook with Brian Callanan as narrator. Name of book? ‘First Contact’. It will be followed by book 2, ‘Integration’, in April. In the meantime, we will watch to see how ‘Aura’ will come along, as it is going to be released close to the end of February. This will give me 3 releases in the next 6 weeks. ‘First Contact’ in Audiobook form, ‘The Goddess’, Book one of the Guardians of the Empire Series and ‘Aura’ in Audiobook form.
Beyond this, I took the bratz for their annual shots at the vet’s on Thursday morning. We all know how this is going to play out. Thena has finally quit growling and hissing at everything that moves. (I will be healed from her actions probably by the end of next week.) She did forgive me in time for me to finish warming up the bed so she could go under the covers, but Tath knew better than to try to join her this time. I got the feeling that if she wouldn’t have quit giving him the gears by this morning, he would have tuned her up. He is good at that. Actually, Tath shocked me by behaving at the Vet’s. He let them cut his claws, trim his teeth and weigh him all without spilling blood… Thena goes in in March to be put under so they can do the same with her. I know exactly how he will take that, we have done this before. He curled up beside me and purred the whole time she was gone. When I brought her back, he gave me the stink eye, as if to say, “You brought her back.” Life is rough all over pussycat.
Well, it is time to get back to work here. If I am up to it, I will type out the last 2 chapters that I wrote on ‘The General’. I will then set up to begin to type ‘Spirit of the Light’. I am on chapter 10 with that one with more to go because I haven’t covered all my notes… something tells me it isn’t only going to be 14 chapters long, but I will nip it in the bud. It is not going to end up like ‘Return of the Legend’, which was supposed to be about that length, but doubled in size somehow. ‘Equals’ was written years ago but needs a complete overhaul. I have a long way to go with ‘The Princess’ and haven’t even begun to think about ‘The Priestess’. I do have ‘Angelika Leanne’ all figured out though, so who knows, that might end up being written next. But nothing will be finished before ‘Spirit of the Light’. Maybe.
I am babbling, I have a lot of news, but have overrun my limit. I will continue next week, because I have other news to relay. Until then, be good, but not too good.